When growing cannabis, patience is a virtue! It takes several weeks before it is finally ready for harvest. Now that your plant is looking and smelling all good, the next thing that you have to do is to cut the bud.
Some people will consider cutting the bud manually. It takes quite an effort on your end, especially if you have to cut a lot. With this, a bud trimmer machine can be a true lifesaver!
A bud trimmer will help to speed up the job, saving time and effort! Of course, this will depend on the trimmer that you will choose, which makes it important to be a responsible buyer.
Clueless on which bud trimmer will be best for you? We got you covered! Read the rest of this post and we’ll give you a quick look at some of the top options available.
Why Bother Trimming the Buds?
If you ask people from the cannabis community, they are probably in unison saying that it is necessary to trim the buds. It does not matter how you do it. The important thing is that they are trimmed.
- Enhanced THC: Your buds have sugar leaves. The latter are low in THC and can negatively affect the overall quality of the weed. With trimmed buds, there will be better THC gram-on-gram, improving the quality of the weed.
- Smoother Experience: When your weed has leaves, it will be harsher when it is smoked. This can make you feel uncomfortable as it will irritate the throat. According to High Times, leaves contain chlorophyll. When they are not removed, it can be harsh.
- Improved Appearance: Aesthetics is another reason why you need to trim the buds. If you look at photos of weeds online, they seem perfect, too good to be true. You can achieve the same look if you use a bud trimmer. This is going to make weed more attractive!
Which Trimming Method is Best?
Any marijuana grower would agree with me when I say that trimming weed is an art and a science. You need to do it with care for the best outcomes. With this, one of the things that need to be decided upon would be your choice of trimming.
- Wet Trimming: This is the more common method and also the one that is easier. When cannabis is trimmed while it is wet, it can result in a more manicured look. The buds will look prettier, which is exactly why this is what most people prefer.
- Dry Trimming: Under this method, the cannabis is allowed to dry first. The larger fan leaves also have to be manually removed. This does not only take more time, but also more effort on your end.
What are the Types of Bud Trimmers?
Before we discuss the best examples of bud trimmer machines, they can be categorized into two:
- Manual Trimmers: These are the ones that are operated by hand, which means that it will require quite an effort. They are usually the cheaper option. Most of the products mentioned below fall under this category.
- Automatic Trimmers: It comes with an electronic motor that automates the process of trimming. This is less time-consuming and easier to operate, which is perfect if you are trimming a large batch of weed.
The Right Way to Trim Buds
More than having the right trimmer, here are other important tips that you have to keep in mind:
- When you trim, remove everything not covered by trichomes. This include foliage and red pistils. They do not have any content that will affect the overall quality of the weed.
- After trimming, make sure that the weed is stored in an airtight container. Store it away from heat. Keep it in a cool and dry place.
- Always clean your trimming equipment after use, which will help prolong its functional life.
- Wear gloves. Resin in marijuana can be difficult to get off your hands after if you do not have gloves.
Bud Trimmer Machines for the Money
Do not be confused with the wealth of options that are available. Here are some of the brands and models that should be under your radar!
iPower GLTRIMBOWL 16M Bowl Trimmer
iPower is a company that is popular for their grow light systems for cannabis, which is why they can also prove to be impressive when it comes to bud trimmers.
One of its best features is the clear plastic top, which will provide you with the ability to easily monitor the progress of trimming. This improves the precision of cutting.
The sharp blade made of premium material is another asset for this machine. It makes high-quality cuts to enjoy the best quality of weed. More than the blade, it is incorporated with 30 scissors, making it powerful.
The Clean Cut M-9000S Series Bowl Leaf Trimmer
For professional quality trimming, this is another product that should be part of your list. It has a diameter of 19 inches, which will allow you to cut more at a time.
Each unit comes with 20 scissors, providing the power that it needs. The cutting blade is also adjustable, allowing you to have it customized based on what a specific task requires. The kit is also inclusive of one stainless serrated blade and one stainless razor blade.
Lastly, to provide you with peace of mind, this bud trimmer comes with a warranty that lasts for 18 months.
MELONFARM Hydroponic Bowl Leaf Trimmer
This model is equipped with 30 scissors in one unit, which is the reason why its performance will be hard to match. It also comes with cutting blades made of stainless steel, which are great in terms of their longevity.
As a hand-operated model, this might require quite an effort on your end because there is a need for manual spinning. Meanwhile, the handle is comfortable to hold and is also removable.
The bottom part of the bud trimmer machine comes with an anti-slip mat. This means that regardless of how intense you spin, the unit will remain stable on the surface.
Growsun 16-inch Bowl Leaf Trimmer
Best bang for the buck – this is what you can expect from this bud trimmer. One reason for this is that it includes two straight scissors, which can be used when you would like to cut by hand.
Aside from the scissors, it also has a detachable dry net with a height of two feet and total of eight layers. This can be used for drying the buds before and after trimming.
The trimmer is equipped with a sharp blade that allows it to trim in an impressive manner and without causing damage to the weed.
ETEMPROOF 16-inch Open Top Bud Leaf Trimmer Machine
Tired of having to spend a lot of time and spare too much effort when trimming buds? This has the answer! It is equipped with soft and food-grade silicone fingers, which will be gentle on the weed and will preserve its best quality.
It has a solid metal gear box, which is indicative of durable construction. If you are worried that it won’t last long, one thing that can change your mind is the 12-month warranty that the manufacturer offers.
With 20 scissors in one unit, cutting and trimming will be almost effortless!
XtremepowerUS Clear Dome Bowl Trimmer
This bud trimmer has a diameter of 16 inches, which is just the right size for most users. Like most of the models mentioned in this guide, there is also a clear plastic top that makes it easy to monitor the progress of trimming.
When purchased, the kit is inclusive of one straight blade and one wire blade. The blades are sharp and will minimize the possibility of causing damage to the buds upon trimming.
Its bowl is made of stainless steel, which is great not only when it comes to durability, but it is also easy to clean and maintain.
SpinPro Hand-Trim Manual Trimmer
Like most of the products that are mentioned in this post, this is also a bowl trimmer. What makes it different, however, is that the lid is not transparent, which means that you cannot see the bud as it is trimmed.
One of its best assets is that all parts are dishwasher-safe. The latter means that it will be easy to clean and maintain, which will help in making it durable.
Despite the material that is used, this is a lightweight and portable trimmer that you can bring with you anywhere it is to be used.
iPower Bowl Trimmer Twisted Spin Cut
This model has a 19-inch diameter and can harness the power of up to 30 scissors in a convenient and compact unit. The kit is inclusive of one straight blade and one wire blade.
It shares a lot of similar features to the iPower bud trimmer mentioned earlier. It also comes with a removable handle and clear plastic top. It also has a sharp blade with premium quality, which trims without causing damage to the buds.
The handle comes with a comfortable grip that will be easy for you to hold, even when you have to spin it for quite a time.
Co-z Professional Automatic Bud Trimmer
Quality and precision are two of the things that you can expect in this bud trimmer machine. It is equipped with triple steel blades, which are the ones responsible for making precise cuts.
This is also great because it is a versatile machine. As the user, you can easily select from the three speeds that are available. The speed selections are 1,050, 1,250, and 1,450 RPM.
The maintenance-free motor is also a plus. It can provide powerful trimming performance without worrying about its care and maintenance. More so, because it has a motor, it has automatic functions, compared to the other options mentioned in the post, which you need to operate by hand.
HFS Bowl Lead Bud Trimmer
With a stainless steel bowl, it has a diameter of 16 inches. It is hand-spun, but there is no need to worry since the handle is designed in such a way that it is going to be comfortable to grip.
This trimmer cuts in both directions, providing you with the assurance of quick and clean cuts. It has rubber fingers that are gentle on the buds, yet power is not going to be compromised.
Similar to most of the bud trimmers, you can choose whether to use straight or wire blade, both of which are included in the kit.
If you have grown tired of cutting buds manually and ending up with sub-par outcomes, now is the time to make the switch. Consider any of the bud trimmer machines mentioned above, and for sure, your life will be a lot easier!